AMIDEAST is a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa. Founded in 1951, AMIDEAST in its early years focused on promoting U.S. study to students in the MENA region and managing U.S. scholarships and exchanges such as the flagship Fulbright Foreign Student Program.
AMIDEAST / We’re hiring
Interested in working at #AMIDEAST?
We are looking for
Customer Service Representative
for Online Operations in our Tunis or Sousse office.
The CSR for Online Operations is responsible for the management of all online interfaces with customers wishing to enroll in AMIDEAST Tunisia EL classes, take an exam, or obtain information about various scholarship and exchange programs. This includes – but is not limited to – managing online registrations and payment, registering students in ProClass and LMS platforms, archiving data from the LMS, and liaising with Finance, Communications, and other departments to ensure all information and policies are clear and up to date. The CSR will also be responsible for supporting the Communications Officer in responding to queries posted to social media platforms. Although the role is primarily focused upon online interactions, it is essential that the job holder be based at either the Tunis or Sousse office.
Tunisia’s field office in Tunis and branch offices in Lac II and Sousse offer educational information and testing services to students and professionals, as well as scholarship and exchange program administration services to a variety of sponsors, and provides professional development services including management, English language and test preparation training services to individual and corporate clients and government agencies.
- Regularly follows up on online registrations and payments to ensure a good user experience for AMIDEAST clients in Tunisia and Libya
- Registers students on ProClass and LMS systems, ensuring that all data is complete and accurate
- Ensures students registering and taking placement tests online fully understand the process and any communications with them are clear and comprehensive
- Liaises regularly with the CSR Manager and POC for online systems to ensure all platforms are functioning properly
- Undergoes new training as necessary as online systems evolve
- Works closely with Finance to ensure that online payments are credited to the correct accounts.
- At the close of each session, archives all attendance and grade data from the LMS and deletes classes from the system.
- Records and conveys client feedback to the relevant department to ensure services are responsive and improving
- Attends meetings with the Office Manager and English Language department updating any information, issues and enrollments, and other meetings upon request
- Responds to social media queries regularly (at least twice a day) to ensure that all questions have been addressed accurately, thoroughly, and within 24 hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, administrative systems, marketing, or related field
- 2-3 years of administrative or customer service experience in a service-oriented business
- Experience and confidence using online applications (Google Forms, Office365, etc.) and social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, etc.)
- Advanced proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), with particular emphasis on the ability to efficiently and accurately create and maintain databases in Excel
- Ability to resolve client questions and issues effectively, diplomatically, and in a timely manner
- Advanced English language proficiency, with particular focus on professional written communications
- Confidentiality regarding all AMIDEAST proprietary services and activities
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently
- Demonstrated history of being responsible and reliable
- Knowledge of AMIDEAST products and services, preferred
|Sales & Marketing Officer||Apply For This Job|
Tunisia – Tunis
America-Mideast Educational and Training Services, Inc. (AMIDEAST) is a private, nonprofit organization that strengthens mutual understanding and cooperation between Americans and the peoples of the Middle East and North Africa. Every year, AMIDEAST provides appropriate English language skills training, educational advising and testing services to hundreds of thousands of students and professionals in the Middle East and North Africa; supports numerous institutional development projects in the region; and administers academic exchange programs. AMIDEAST Tunisia offers a series of products in English language training and a variety of Educational and Testing Services (ETS) tests, including the TOEIC® (Test of English for International Communication), TOEFL® and ITP.
Under the supervision of the Country Director, the Sales & Marketing Officer is responsible for increasing both corporate sales and general enrollment for AMIDEAST’s English language and professional skills courses, as well as test sales. The role is based in greater Tunis, although sales in other cities in Tunisia are also important and the Sales & Marketing Officer will be expected to develop networks and relationships around the country. The Sales & Marketing Officer will expand and maintain key sales relationships with Tunisian enterprises, corporations, ministries, universities and NGOs. This will involve coordinating all related sales activities with relevant AMIDEAST staff. The Sales & Marketing Officer is primarily responsible for meeting and exceeding annual sales targets, as well as broadening AMIDEAST’s client base in the business community.
- Lead all sales for AMIDEAST Tunisia with oversight of the organization’s strategic and operational sales activities;
- Forecast sales targets as per the annual budget and ETS business plan and ensure they are met, ensuring growth of each of the various products;
- Maintain sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors;
- Establish sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for different sectors, particularly relating to ETS products;
- Maintain relationships with existing Authorized Distributors of ETS products and develop more distributors in key Tunisian cities.
- Provide market feedback to senior staff regarding competitive offerings and generate product development ideas.
- Provide expertise on selling prices in conjunction with relevant AMIDEAST’s staff by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Produce weekly sales reports and communicate regularly with the Country Director regarding sales developments.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies. Maintain excellent technical understanding of all products.
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with relevant staff, including the Director of the English Language Department, Testing Department Manager and Customer Service Manager, and their staff, in order to exceed sales goals and develop proposals that address client needs and objectives
- Represent AMIDEAST at various conferences and sales conventions or fairs through presentations, and attendance at booths.
- Provides the Director of Finance and relevant accounting staff with a monthly accounting of sales, with purchase order back-up, to ensure timely billing and collections.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in business or marketing.
- At least five years in a sales position, in which the applicant developed a client base through direct sales and marketing.
- Excellent negotiation skills and proven track record of successfully pitching for new business.
- Proficient English (TOEIC score 750+), fluent French and fluent Arabic.
- Intimate understanding of greater Tunis and it business and educational community. Ability to bring an existing professional network a plus. Knowledge of both the Tunisian and the American educational systems preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with particular emphasis on public speaking skills and confidence in presenting to a variety of audiences in the corporate, governmental, and educational sectors.
- Proficiency in the suite of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently, excellent time management skills and the ability to confidently manage a variety of tasks.
- Ability to drive one-self around Tunis and conduct periodic visits to other cities and towns independently.
- Discretion and professionalism regarding all AMIDEAST proprietary services and activities.
|Inventory & Procurement Officer||Apply For This Job|
Tunisia – Tunis
The Inventory & Procurement Officer supports the mission of AMIDEAST by managing the large book inventory for all AMIDEAST offices in Tunisia, as well as providing back-up support to the procurement team. The Inventory & Procurement Officer maintains exclusive access and control of the book and office supply inventory room, and is responsible for ensuring that stocks are maintained at appropriate levels. The role works closely with the Customer Service and English Language Departments to ensure that books are available for all scheduled public and contract classes, and is responsible for ensuring students receive the correct textbooks for their classes. This position also communicates regularly with the Procurement Coordinator and the Accounting & Finance Department to confirm all book sales and expenses are properly recorded in the accounting system, and stock levels are not excessive.
Tunisia’s field offices in Tunis, Lac II, and Sousse provide language and professional skills training and certification, educational advising services, and scholarship and exchange program opportunities to thousands of Tunisians of all ages each year.
Duties and Responsibilities
Book Inventory – 80%
- Maintain the inventory room in a well-organized and secure manner.
- Use historical data and sales forecasts to determine appropriate stock levels according to best practices
- Informs the Procurement Coordinator when any given book has gone below the level that triggers a new order.
- Manages all incoming book deliveries and stocks shelves making sure that all new deliveries are complete and accounted for.
- Reports to Procurement Coordinator any books missing from an order so that there is reconciliation with the original bill and to ensure a future order includes books that have not yet been received.
- Maintain records of type, quantity, and value of material stocked in book room.
- Verify all ISBN numbers and communicates any changes to relevant parties
- Share daily book sales report with the Accounting & Finance Department
- Conduct a monthly physical count and send the update to Procurement, EL and Finance Departments as well as an annual physical count with a third-party auditor.
- Track movement of all books in day to day business using a systematic approach approved by Procurement and Accounting.
- Provides enrolled students with the appropriate books for their classes upon receipt of a book voucher
- Coordinates with HR Assistant the sending of books to contract sites, Sousse office and Lac II office using TPS service or other means.Procurement – 20%
- Constantly control the office needs and alert the Procurement Coordinator when additional supplies are needed
- Receive and check ordered goods to ensure they meet required specifications and are received in a timely manner
- Assist the Procurement Coordinator with procurement needs for grant and donor-funded projects, i.e. organize the needed logistics, buy insurance for participants, prepare the needed materials etc.
- Run online researchfor new vendors when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in business management, logistics, accounting, or related field
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in a similar position, with similar levels of responsibility
- Prior experience managing inventories and procurement procedures
- Experience using inventory management software preferable
- Written and spoken efficiency in English, as well as French and Arabic
- Strong computer skills, particularly Excel
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to confidently manage a variety of tasks
- Highly organized, with demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Discretion and professionalism regarding all AMIDEAST proprietary services and activities
Post Views: 7124