– Senior AI Engineer to join our technology & applied research department.
The main responsibilities of the Senior AI Engineer include but not limited to:
– Lead and execute on AI projects
– Build AI models, architectures, and algorithms to address business problems
– Design, implement, and validate deep-learning pipelines and machine-learning
– Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data
– Undertake data collection, preprocessing and analysis
– Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
– Prepare demonstrations of end-to-end AI-powered systems showing their features and
– Collaborate with business, engineering and product development teams
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
The applicant should hold a MSc/PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, Applied Mathematics,
or Computer/Electrical Engineering. He/she should have the following skills:
– At least 5 years of relevant experience in data science/analytics R&D projects
– Very good knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision
tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
– Strong Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties
of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications
– Experience with some of distributed data/computing tools: Hadoop, Spark, Flink, Storm,
Cassandra, MySQL, etc.
– Strong Knowledge of neutral networks-based architectures: CNN, RNN, GAN, RL, etc.
JOB OPPORTUNITY: SENIOR AI ENGINEER | January 2021
– Knowledge of Deep learning frameworks: Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch, etc.
– Previous experience in applying deep learning techniques for at least two different types
of data (structured data, text, images, videos, speech/audio, etc.) is an important asset
– Solid hands-on experience in development, debugging, and troubleshooting software and
– Very good Knowledge and experience in Python to manipulate data and draw insights
from large data sets and build data models
– Knowledge of geospatial analytics is beneficial
– Prior industrial experience is an asset
– Ability to work independently
– Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams
The position is available immediately.
Interested candidates are invited to send a detailed CV to [email protected] and cc
Please make sure to write in the subject of the email Senior AI Engineer.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only
shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
The Qatar Mobility Innovations Center (QMIC) is the first independent innovations center in the
region with a focus on using R&D to develop and deploy Intelligent Mobility and Smart Cities
platforms and technologies. QMIC?s main goal is to use locally engineered innovations &
knowledge to enable creating home-grown technology industries that address national strategies
and tackle regional emerging challenges. It was founded by Qatar University in 2009 and is
registered and licensed to operate as a technology innovations center from the Qatar Science
and Technology Park (QSTP).
Since 2009, QMIC has been utilizing emerging technologies including Internet of Things (IoT),
Artificial Intelligence, and Location-Awareness to deliver data-centric platforms and services. In
particular, QMIC has been leading in delivering platforms & solutions focusing on key domains
including Intelligent Transport, Logistics & Telematics, Road Safety, and Connected &
Autonomous Mobility (CAM).
Through its integrated innovations development & delivery model, QMIC represents a unique
and important category within the national Research & Development & Innovations (RDI)
enterprise in Qatar that is strategically-driven, R&D-based, solution-focused, and business-