About the role:
We are recruiting for Food Server to be based in Doha, Qatar.
The successful applicant will be responsible for completing the highest level of sanitation and hygiene standards in the food preparation, restaurants and food service areas of QDF F&B and overseeing concessionaries as appointed. You will ensure all food served to the guests and employees is free of microbiological and physical contamination, and all work areas conform to the minimum requirements set by local health authorities. You will work with the Manager Culinary Operations and Quality Assurance and with the Food & Beverage Manager in controlling spoilage and shelf life and assist the Chefs with various administrative tasks as required. Additionally you will identify and control all the steps and processes which can lead to a hazard, documenting it, inspecting the premises regularly and advising on short-coming and potential hazards in that area.
Your specific responsibilities include:
- Periodically review all food safety procedures and instructions, to ensure they remain current.
- Review requests to change the Food Safety Management System (FSMS) related procedures and work instructions and direct the Food Safety Team through such reviews.
- Maintain relevant records and certificates under statutory requirements.
- Manage the Food Safety Team and ensure that processes needed for the FSMS are established, implemented and maintained.
- Ensure the promotion of awareness of customer requirements pertaining to food safety throughout the organization.
- Develop the Company’s prerequisite programs and ensure that Prerequisite Programs (PRP’s) are implemented, monitored and communicated to the appropriate parties, and periodically review PRPs.
- Conduct hazard analysis to identify specific hazards and measure for their control , to ensure the safety of food.
- Evaluate suppliers/vendors food safety systems, monitor and report on supplier food safety performance on an ongoing basis.
- Review revisions to manufacturing practices, to ensure potential food safety hazard have been adequately addressed.
- Oversee the internal food safety audit program – select internal audit personnel, review results of food safety audits, ensure that corrective actions taken at Management Review Meetings.
- Collect, analyze and publish measurement data, to determine the root cause of process and product food safety problems and recommend actions to resolve those problems.
- Supervise product defects to ensure adequate implementation and effectiveness. Supervise hazard analysis, report results of analyses to top management, and periodically review food safety-related processes to ensure hazards are accounted for and controlled.
- Manage and review food complaints effectively, to ensure that corrective action are taken and SOP’s reviewed if needed.
- Develop team to solve day to day operational issues and reach performance goals
- Communicate cross-functionally to assist the team to solve operational issues.
- Manage all aspects of product quality and food safety for the facility. This is inclusive of product specs, a quality manual, traceability, in-process and finished product testing and food safety and allergen. Conduct Quality assurance self-inspections program. Conduct self-inspection audits ensuring QDF F&B food safety standards requirements are met. Develop, coordinate and manage Hygiene and Sanitation programs as assigned.
- Provide quality training, to include Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) food safety, regulatory requirements, and quality measurement systems. Be capable of delivering training in the area of continuous improvement processes.
- Undertake risk assessments and provide Crisis Management or Safety Plan.
- Oversee and monitor the Sanitation functions and the F&B maintenance within the department.
- Ensure that full compliance is maintained in all regulatory matters, and serve as the contact point for regulatory affairs at the site level.
- Ensure an optional degree of safe and proper usage of pest control measures to eliminate pest by developing and maintaining Pest Control Management Program.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her positions as directed by the Head of the Department.
Be part of an extraordinary story:
Your skills. Your imagination. Your ambition. Here, there are no boundaries to your potential and the impact you can make. You’ll find infinite opportunities to grow and work on the biggest, most rewarding challenges that will build your skills and experience. You have the chance to be a part of our future, and build the life you want while being part of an international community.
Our best is here and still to come. To us, impossible is only a challenge. Join us as we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
Together, everything is possible
The successful candidate will have:
• Bachelor Degree/ Diploma / Vocational Qualification or Equivalent qualification, with minimum 4 years job related experience.
• Level 4, Diploma in Hygiene and Sanitation necessary, and Level 5 is an advantage
• 3 -5 years of experience in managing Food Safety & Hygiene in a Star hotel or commercial catering business.
• Adequate knowledge and experience in general Food Safety system, such as HACCP system, ISO 22000 system, Lead Author FSSC level 5
• Strong knowledge of HACCP
• Must be independent, flexible, resourceful and a good team player
• Strong communication skills (good written and spoken English)
• Ability to Train, Persuade and Influence
• Ability to schedule, prioritize and work under pressure
• Ability to monitor and oversee all HACCP & QA programmes efficiently
• Ability to delegate, set clear direction, manage workflow.
• Ability to foster teamwork among team members
• Certified Food Safety Lead Auditor, is an advantage
About Qatar Airways Group:
Our story started with four aircraft. Today, we deliver excellence across 12 different businesses coming together as one. We’ve grown fast, broken records and set trends that others follow. We don’t slow down by the fear of failure. Instead, we dare to achieve what’s never been done before.
So whether you’re creating a unique experience for our customers or innovating behind the scenes, every person contributes to our proud story. A story of spectacular growth and determination. Now is the time to bring your best ideas and passion to a place where your ambition will know no boundaries, and be part of a truly global community.
How to apply:
If you have what it takes to be part of our 5-star team, please take the first step and apply now by uploading your CV and completing the online application.