- Program: NDI Tunisia & Libya
- Reports To: Director, Finance & Administration (NDI/Tunisia)
- Location: Tunis
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESOversee all components of operations and risk management, including:
- Leveraging an information network with other INGOs, security providers, and government authorities to ensure NDI has a full understanding of the risk environment, and is applying proper risk mitigation methods and resources.
- Ensure compliance with NDI’s security and risk management protocols, including staff travel management, communications and incident reporting, and the physical safety and security of NDI’s office and rental properties.
- Manage and maintain NDI’s critical safety and security resources and equipment to include fire safety equipment, vehicle safety equipment, first aid kits, and communications resources including satellite phones.
- Manage NDI’s relationship with safety and security related service providers including static guard force providers, emergency medical support providers, transportation companies, and INGO risk management forums.
Additional specific duties will include but not be limited to:
- Implement and enforce NDI Tunisia safety and security protocols and procedures.
- Coordinate with security sectors of other international organizations and represent NDI at OSAC Country Council and other security related forums/meetings
- Work with security and risk management contacts to develop a security information system to gain and share related information with other organizations;
- Support the Resident Directors for Tunisia and Libya in decision making, establishment and review of safety and security policy and procedure, and managing incidents.
- Provide operational security coordination support to regionally based NDI staff, as well as real-time incident management support to deployed NDI staff and travelers.
- Conduct pre-travel risk assessments and provide real-time advice and guidance on travel-related risks to the management team.
- Brief and train new or incoming short-term staff on the security environment, and security policies and procedures;
- Ensure appropriate operational support is provided for all NDI activities, including meetings and workshops;
- Perform other duties as assigned by Senior Resident Director, including during non-traditional working hours when required.
Facility and Asset Management:
- Contractual review and oversight for security related contracting to include static guard forces, mobile security, and tracking as needed
- Vehicle fleet management to include vehicle control and dispatching, regular maintenance, repair, and safety equipment/supplies control.
- Driver oversight and management to include scheduling, training, and advocacy/support as needed.
- Management of office and residence safety and security assets to include safe haven supplies, fire extinguishers, smoke detectors, and lighting.
- Maintain communications equipment and ensure operability and availability as needed to support program activity.
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Four-year degree, minimum required
- Minimum 5 years experience providing operation, logistical, and safety and security support to a governmental or nongovernmental organization
- Experience working with INGOs/International organizations highly preferred
- Experience managing and implementing programs related to international development activities is a plus
- REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Professional level proficiency in written and spoken French, English and Arabic
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff, international personnel, security actors, and the NGO community;
- Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions;
- Working knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) and PC-based word processing and spreadsheet applications; and
- Ability and willingness to travel to regional locations in Tunisia.
Please send CV and cover letter to: