World Health Organization recrute
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the supervision of the Team lead Global Travel and in consultation with the Head of the Global Conference and Training Centre, the incumbent provides support and advice to WHO staff and managers on designated areas of work, and as required. The duties and responsibilities include:
1. Management, supervision and guidance of the Travel Quality/Compliance Team , to ensure timely and accurate approval of Travel Requests for HQ and Regions in accordance with the Travel Policy and agreed Processes;
2. Ensure timely management and reconciliation of the Travel Agent Invoices according to agreed process and within the agreed service level agreement (SLA);
3. Ensure timely review and approval of requests for exceptions to WHO Duty Travel Policy and Processes;
4. Ensure provision of helpdesk support for the WHO Preferred Hotel Programme (PHP) – providing advice and guidance to WHO staff and managers and following up with hotels for clarification and/or corrective action as necessary;
5. Coordinate the development, maintenance and updating of the GCT web site in consultation with the Head of the GCT and other GCT staff;
6. Constant monitoring and analysis of the operating environment, quick adjustment of the operations, advice on legal considerations and risk assessment;
7. Work planning, financial management, staff and operations management:–> Provide GCT office management with sound advice, and focused reports on options and methods for attainment of programme objectives; –> Further develop and maintain statistics and reporting of GCT activities;–> Ensure consistent delivery of all administrative services to WHO staff;–> Develop GCT marketing material;–> Ensure GCT compliance with corporate human resources policies–> Oversee recruitment processes particularly for short term appointments and providing advise based on experience with the local labor market–> Facilitate efficient programme delivery;
8. Support to management of GCT operations and general administration, and cover for the Head of GCT and/or the Administrative Services Officer in charge of meeting administration as and when requested/required;Any other related duties as requested by the supervisor.
Essential: University degree in Business Administration or a related field.
Desirable: Training in the area of customer service is an asset.
Essential: At least 2 years of experience in administration and management in an international setting; experience in providing services to internal and/or external clients.
Desirable: Experience in the area of Travel Administration, and experience working with Government and International Organization officials is an asset.
Thorough knowledge of administrative, financial and management principles and practices. Proven skills in project planning and provision of customer services. Demonstrated ability to act independently and exercise sound judgment. Ability to work as a leader as well as member of a team. Ability to work under pressure.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of French.
Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of Arabic.
WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 48,805 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 1432 per month for the duty station indicated above. Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.