Announcement #: TUNIS-2022-27
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (44 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time upon receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Salary:(TND) TD18,340 – (TND) TD26,872/Per Year
Series/Grade:LE – 1305 – 1
Hiring Agency:Embassy Tunis
Open Period:05/06/2022 – 05/20/2022
Series/Grade:LE – 1305 1
Salary:TND TD18,340 – TND TD26,872
Work Schedule:Full-time – 44-hour workweek
Location(s):2 Vacancy in
More Info: HR Section
+216 71 107 000
Hiring Path:• Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
• All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required:Public Trust – Background InvestigationAppointment TypePermanentAppointment Type Details:Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary periodMarketing Statement:
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.Summary:
The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (44 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time upon receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.Supervisory Position:NoRelocation Expenses Reimbursed:No
This position is responsible for performing a wide range pf cleaning duties at Mission office facilities as well as other U.S. Government (USG) owned and leased properties as directed. The incumbent is under the direct supervision of the Janitorial Supervisor (or designee).
Custodial work and Housekeeping 90%
- Performs cleaning duties as assigned including but not limited to cleaning floors and office carpets, corridors and other areas by mopping, vacuum cleaning and sweeping.
- Cleans restrooms, scrubs and waxes floors, disinfects, and deodorizes lavatories. Replaces soap, deodorizers, towels, and toilet tissues.
- Polishes and cleans mirrors and windows, dusts and polishes woodwork and other office furniture.
- Keeps pedestrian pathways, steps, walkways, work areas clear of clutter, refuse, and trash.
- Uses appropriate and approved cleaning products, chemical solutions, and cleaning equipment.
- Collects and bags all garbage and ensure proper disposal of waste materials.
- Moves or rearranges chairs, tables, desks, and other furniture for thorough cleaning operations.
- Uses all equipment and supplies (brooms, mops, buckets, vacuums, buffer machines, cleaning supplies, hand/moving carts, etc.) as per safety guidelines.
Other Duties Assigned 10%
- Addresses customers’ concerns regarding housekeeping services.
- Informs supervisor of any cleaning equipment that may need repair or replacement.
- Organizes custodial storage areas.
- Drives non-armored, USG-owned vehicles to USG owned and leased residences.
- Other tasks assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of six months of custodial or housekeeping experience is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have adequate knowledge of cleaning and the use of housekeeping materials. Knowledge of current developments concerning new cleaning agents, techniques, and equipment. Must be aware of safety requirements of cleaning related chemicals and identify and report unsafe practices. Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety rules and regulations, including safe handling of standard cleaning chemicals. Must understand and know how to use safety equipment such as a fire extinguisher.
Mandatory: Completion of primary school is required.Evaluations:
LANGUAGE: English level I (Rudimentary) Reading/Speaking is required
Arabic level III (Good working knowledge) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to physically perform basic manual tasks.
• Ability to use cleaning tools and equipment maintaining safety for self and others.
• Must be able to lift and move objects and ensure hand/eye coordination effectively.
• May be required to stand, bend and/or work in confined spaces for prolonged periods of time.
• Good interpersonal skills to be able to communicate effectively with customers.
• Driving license is required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.Qualifications:
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Tunis, Tunisia may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.Other Information:
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.Required Documents:
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.Next Steps:
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Tunis, Tunisia.