IOM Tunisia ,The UN agency for Migration – IOM Tunisia is looking for a Client Service Assistant – Visa Application Center according to the terms of reference stipulated below.
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications including:
- PHForm, CVs and cover letter specifying the motivation for applications to [email protected] no later than 14 July 2022;
- indicating the following reference code in the subject: SVNTN2022-031- Client Service Assistant – Visa Application Center
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted, and applications submitted without PHForm will not be considered.
SPECIAL VACANCY NOTICE
IOM TUNISIA: SVNTN2022-031
Cient Service Assistant- Visa Application Center
Position Title: Client Service Assistant-Visa Application Center (2 Positions) Duty Station: Tunis, Tunisia
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term Graded Contract (6 months with possibility of extension)
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Reference Code: SVNTN2022-031
Organizational Context and Scope:
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of Chief of Mission in Tunisia, general oversight of the Immigration, Border Management (IBM) Division’s Immigration & Visa Support Solutions (IVSS) Unit at HQ & Sub Regional Coordinator, and direct supervision of CVAC Team leader, the Incumbent will provide administrative support for the Canadian Visa Application Centre operated by IOM.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Provide client service excellence to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the CIC Statement of Work (SOW) and the CIC Service Standards;
2. Assist in the provision of client information: distribution of application forms, information sheets and checklists regarding visa requirements; assist with telephone and e-mail inquiries from clients (including requirements for submitting visa applications and the location of client’s passport), providing timely and accurate information to clients; marketing and providing assistance to clients with Value Added Services. Informing clients of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures;
3. Assist in the collection and forwarding of complete applications as per CIC checklists: provide guidance to clients on the proper completion of application forms, while reviewing and collecting same applications along with any supporting / additional documents, as required; record, dispatch and follow up on applications and passports;
4. Collection of Fees: Where required, collect the applicable Canadian visa fee(s) and IOM service fee(s); issue accurate receipts; daily reconciliation of receipts and reporting same;
5. Data Capture and Biometric enrollements; Assist in maintaining a high degree of skill in using the CANVAC software platform provided; enter all applicant data, submit application documents in the required order, while forwarding all applicant, passport and appointment information to CIC; ensure accurate tracking of both applications and supporting documents via the CANVAC software’s bar code scanning system;
6. Returning of passports, supporting documentation and visa decisions: assist in collecting processed applications; returning processed applications, passports and supporting documentation;
7. Maintain a professional appearance and migrant friendly demeanour at all times;
8. Maintain positive working relationships with IOM’s Lead VAC Partner, VFS Global and CIC staff locally;
9. Immediately inform management of any problems or issues related to her/his daily work and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and client service;
10. Comply with the IOM Policy for a Respectful Working Environment”, “IOM Confidentiality Agreement”, “IOM Data Protection Manual”, IOM Standards of Conduct”, and the “IOM Policy on Reporting Irregular Practices, Wrongdoing and Misconduct”;
11-Any other duties as may be assigned .
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values: • Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes. • Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s or equivalent or Higher degree in in Business Management, Client Services, Social Science or related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience, or:
• High School Degree/Certificate degree in the above fields, and four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience working with government counterparts, private sector, international organizations and/or non-governmental organizations (NGO) is an asset;
• Strong skills in using Microsoft Office products; especially Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
organizational and planning skills;
Excellent time management skills;
Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities;
Strong interpersonal & intercultural skills with an attention to details;
Fluency in French, Arabic, English (written and spoken) is required.
• Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is required. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :
• Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
• Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
• The list of accredited institutions can be found at https://www.whed.net/home.php
From 07 July 2022 – 14 July 2022.