AMIDEAST / recrute [Salaire: 3,600 dinars /mois]
Détails de l’opportunité
English Language Instructor
Amideast is a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa. The job details you are interested in is displayed below. If you already have a profile, you will be directed to the Job Application wizard after signing in. If you do not have a profile, you must click Create Profile before applying for this job.
Salary: 3,600 TD/month.
Amideast Tunisia seeks English language proficient university graduates with TEFL certification and relevant teaching experience to join our exceptional English Language (EL) team. Our EL Instructors utilize learner-center methods to provide instruction, both in-person and online, in General English, Business English, Conversation, Test Preparation, and English for Specific Purposes (Medical, Legal, Aviation, etc.) to classes of 12-16 students. We provide off-site and online classes to a variety of corporate and institutional clients. Amideast also offers a robust English language development program for young learners ages 5-18 years. Our most popular class times are in the afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
Instructors generally teach 15-25 hours per week, with two days off (not necessarily consecutive), and positions are open at all Tunisian locations. Amideast provides regular professional development opportunities for our instructors, as well as the chance to participate in a wide variety of educational programming, such as summer camps around the country, teacher training workshops, conversation hours for students, and activities at one of our U.S. Embassy-funded American Corners.
- Develop a thorough understanding of all Amideast course offerings and ensure that each course delivered, whether in-person or online, adheres to principles of adult or young learner language acquisition within a communicative approach
- Select and adapt materials and resources that engage learners as active participants, provide a variety of classroom activities, and integrate the four skills
- Prepare thorough lesson plans and all materials needed for each class session, utilizing assigned textbooks and our online and physical resource libraries
- Assess student progress and achievement through appropriate, varied assessment means; notifying the EL Director when a student is in jeopardy of not passing a course
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date attendance records for all classes
- Provide student grades within 48 hours of course completion
- Keep EL Director informed of issues related to students and courses that need to be resolved
- Participate regularly in teacher meetings and professional development workshops
- Provide feedback to continually help improve our EL program, courses, and services
- Maintain a monthly timesheet and submit to the EL Program Officer on time
- Review and sign AMIDEAST Tunisia’s Child Protection Policy, as well as undergo mandatory CP Training when offered
Qualifications & Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in the field of education, linguistics, or another relevant field
- TESOL credential (i.e. a degree from an accredited university or a CELTA, PCELT, TEFL certificate) with a teaching practicum
- 1.5 years’ minimum classroom teaching experience
- Extensive knowledge of the field of English language teaching, the communicative approach, and the learner-centered classroom
- Fluent English proficiency in all four skills
- Ability to adapt to a new culture and learner needs within a different context
- Advance degree in English language teaching
- Experience teaching young learners
- Experience teaching English for Specific Purposes (ESP)
- Understanding of English as a world language/foreign language
- Ability and willingness to adapt to a variety of audiences – children and adults, including university students and professionals
- Ability to work in a team and contribute to overall English language program success
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Punctuality and timeliness in record keeping
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create a productive, inclusive and safe learning environment
Salary and Benefits:
EL Instructors are hired as Independent Contractors with an hourly rate of 28 – 36 TND / hour. For instructors hired from abroad, Amideast provides a settling-in allowance and assistance with administrative paperwork (residency card, work permit, housing lease, etc.).