British Council recrute
Teaching Operations Coordinator Tunisia
À propos de l’offre d’emploi
The English and Examinations Strategic Business Unit (E&E) is one of three strategic business units in the British Council (the others being Arts and Education & Society) all of which have the remit to build trust for the people of the UK by building relationships through aspects of our language and culture. E&E achieves this by enabling people across the world to access the life-changing education and work opportunities that are created by learning English or gaining valuable UK qualifications. Promoting the English language also provides a medium for communication, helping break down barriers of misunderstanding or mistrust between cultures.
The British Council’s 2020 vision for English & Examinations is to be the world authority in high quality English language teaching, learning and assessment, as well as the International distributor of choice for UK professional and school qualifications
This role is a new role as part of English Transformation programme. In line with the Global Recruitment policy, standard application and recruitment decisions will apply for this role.
- To provide key coordination and logistical support to ensure the smooth running of the teaching operation.
Service and product delivery support:
- Delivers a range of administrative and/or customer services within agreed corporate procedures, to maximise quality, continuity and efficiency.
- Ensures student registration, customer care and re-registration processes are compliant with corporate policies and support effective teaching, learning and service standards.
- Maintains accurate records (for example, customer and financial) that are compliant with corporate requirements. Drafts routine and some non-standard documentation, reports or financial analysis/reconciliations.
- Performs basic analysis and review data/tasks/information, to support process improvement.
- Provides logistical support within the Teaching centre and supports delivery of internal and external activities, to ensure they run smoothly and efficiently.
- Receives and responds to enquiries from/to customers and may be a specific point of reference for queries. Identifies where more complex issues require resolution by others and refers them on accordingly.
- Recognises and understands the impact of incidents arising (e.g. complaints, resourcing problems, logistical or technical difficulties) and proactively alerts the relevant team to any issues of concern that are likely to impact teaching delivery/customer experience.
- Proactively communicates and liaises with others to ensure effective coordination and delivery of events, services and activities.
- Builds an understanding of relevant contacts and teams to enable effective resolution of issues when they arise.
Risk And Compliance
- Understands and adheres to risk management procedures relevant to teaching delivery (e.g. child protection, security policies, financial protocols, anti-fraud measures) to protect the interests of the British Council and its customers at all times. Highlights to senior managers any instances of non-compliance.
- Ensures compliance with corporate requirements when handling financial or customer data to support effective reporting and decision making.
- Commercial & resource management:
- Monitors and takes responsibility for small-scale resources, following established procedures and ensures that equipment and materials are available and ready to use when needed.
Managing self and others
- Plans and prioritises own work activities, responding to changing requirements to ensure effective delivery of responsibilities over a daily/weekly time horizon.
- Tasks and coordinates others (e.g. internal colleagues or external suppliers) to complete tasks within established procedures, in order to ensure efficient delivery of services. Monitors task completion to agreed quality and time standards.
About You (essential Requirements For The Role)
- Experience in a customer focused environment.
- Experience of coordinating resources
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs
- Language requirements: Written and verbal profieciency in English and French
Desirable Requirements For The Role
- Experience working in a teaching centre
- Role: Teaching Operations Coordinator
- Number of positions: 1
- Pay Band: 4 /H
- Location: Tunisia
- Contract type: Standard Contract
- Closing date: 9 May 2022
- This role is open to candidates who have the right to work in Tunisia